It's Not About the Money with Scarlett Cochran - Ep #194Apr 20, 2023
The stories we tell ourselves and how we let the world affect us matter so much around money—that’s why it’s crucial to choose what story is going to be true for you.
Scarlett Cochran, attorney, financial expert, entrepreneur and the founder of One Big Happy Life, shares her approach in understanding and growing money in a way that is aligned with your unique vision of what a rich life looks like (rather than following society's definition). We also dive into the money stories that stop us from reaching our financial goals–breaking these stories down to allow space to build new, better ones.
Whether you’re just getting started as a business owner or you’ve been at it for years, tune into this fun and inspiring episode that will help you improve your relationship with money, push you to start moving toward your big goals and create the rich life that you deserve, on your own terms.
- The overall taboo relationship people have with money and how it impacts our ability to generate it
- Defining what your version of a rich life is and why it’s important to feel good about your finances no matter where you are in our financial journey
- How to recognize and overcome the unconscious money stories that stop us from hitting our financial goals
- The mistake we make when it comes to our finances that leads us to binge spent
- Plus Scarlett shares how she builds a one year spending plan + her approach to budgeting so you can grow your wealth at the speed you need to while still living your best life
About Scarlett Cochran:
Scarlett is an attorney, financial expert, and entrepreneur. In her career as a lawyer, she worked on behalf of everyday Americans at government agencies, including the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (where she worked on fair lending and equity issues). Since launching One Big Happy Life, Cochran and her partner, Joseph, have touched the lives of millions. She loves hanging out with her two kids and slobbery Newfoundland and watching sci-fi/fantasy television shows. Her favorite author is Octavia E. Butler.
Connect with Scarlett on YouTube | Instagram | Twitter
Get Scarlett's Book: It’s Not About The Money
OTHER WAYS TO ENJOY THIS EPISODE:
- Listen to the full episode on Apple Podcast or Spotify
- Read the episode transcript
- THSS EP #79: 6 Tips for Getting Started on YouTube with Expert Scarlett Cochran
- THSS EP #33: Quarantine Productivity Hacks for Online Entrepreneurs
RATE & REVIEW If you’re loving this episode, please take a moment to rate & review the show. This helps me get this message to more people so they too can ditch the hustle 24/7 life.
BECOME MAGNETIC WITH YOUR MESSAGE 👇
Turn your expertise into a magnetic talk & attract clients through speaking thespeakerco.com/start
SECRET PLAYLIST 👇
Get our BEST OF speaking playlist to hone your speaking chops
Instagram @theheathersager & @hintofhustle for daily tips and inspiration
And here’s a few other episodes you might love too:
- THSS EP #171 - Don't Let This Powerful Entrepreneurial Trait Sabotage Your Progress
- THSS EP #156 - How to Make Showing Up for Your Brand More Fun
- THSS EP #150 - The Best 3 things Entrepreneurship Can Give You (and it’s not money)
- THSS EP #114- When You Struggle to Own Your Expert Status
- THSS EP #98 - Cara Harvey: Productivity for Content Creators